Bluetooth speakers have suddenly become a piece of mainstream sound equipment and with new features and modifications, these speakers have established themselves towards mass people of the world. Though the basic functionality of Bluetooth suggests that you cannot add multiple Bluetooth speakers to a single device, there are several different ways to do that.
It gives you enough opportunities to enjoy both of the devices at the same time without any occurrence. Nonetheless, it solemnly depends on the capabilities of both devices you’re going to attach and the service they’ll provide.
Bluetooth speaker is a kind of loudspeaker that usually is paired with one or more devices and has the ability to receive, decode and amplify audio signals using radio frequencies. With a cheaper price and various options and modern technology, this exquisite product can carry full range audio into any room. It is one of the most versatile products in the world that can meet audio requirements.
There are some phenomenal Bluetooth speakers that require your attention. Here are some of them which are considered the best in 2020.
Tribit XSound Go
JBL Clip 3
Tribit MaxSound Plus
Bose SoundLink Micro
Why should you pair Bluetooth speakers?
The combination of two or more Bluetooth speakers will give you a more room-filling sound than just a single speaker, offering an overall better listening experience. There are lots of motives for having a small home theater in your room.
- If you are in a temporary residence, apartment, or you travel a lot, pairing two of your Bluetooth speakers can offer you the most saturated audio experience.
- Whether you are searching for more sound than a standard portable Bluetooth speaker would provide, multiple Bluetooth speakers can enhance the audio quality.
- If you do not have plenty of room for a receiver, large floor-model speakers, and other sound systems, pairing both of your Bluetooth speakers can be your cheapest option.
However, in this case, if your Bluetooth speakers are not able to provide a decent quality of sound, you’ll just end up with a lot of distortion and unnecessary amplification.
Before new features were invented, the functions of Bluetooth were marginally limited. The previous update, Bluetooth 4.2, allowed only one-to-one user pairing and had only around 10-30 meters of range. This essentially meant that listening to Bluetooth was to be limited to one room and probably to the next.
It’s nice enough if you’re listening to the song alone, but if you’re with a lot of people, the audio performance will not be decent at all. To get around this constraint, numerous workarounds were created including applications and application functionality. You will also need to use other applications or hardware options, and you will need to search for a different route besides Bluetooth.
Bluetooth 5 expands the Bluetooth communication range to 120 feet and makes a connection to up to two devices at once. Not many device suppliers have implemented the new standard for their products, but are expected to do so in the coming years. Nowadays, lots of people are using different kinds of modern functions to pair up their Bluetooth speakers.
Recently, the most versatile and band unrelated application is AmpMe. Other options include Bose Connect and Ultimate Ears software. You should use the Bluetooth Dual Audio that fits very well with most Bluetooth speakers when you’ve got Samsung S8, S+, or newer ones.
Similarly, Apple provides a HomePod stereo pair feature, which can only pair consumers with two Bluetooth speakers to an iPhone or Mac. JBL’s CONNECT, CONNECT+, and PartyBoost features allow speakers to keep tabs from one another with their Bluetooth.
How you will connect using AmpMe
AmpMe is a widely known new technology that lets you and your friends listen to the same music together. This is perfect for listening to games and quiet discos, and that’s not all. AmpMe can also synchronize unlimited Bluetooth speakers to play precisely the same music at the same time. That means that you can play a track on your phone and play it on hundreds of Bluetooth speakers all over the property. They don’t have to be the same company either!
Here’s how you can attach your Bluetooth speakers using AmpMe.
- Connect it to either your Facebook account or Google account, then see if AmpMe is on any of your contacts or turn it on and find a party in close vicinity.
- Then press the Plus (+).
- Choose the service (Spotify, YouTube, etc.), and tap Connect.
- Tap the Connect button.
- Start of an AmpMe party
- Log in to your account.
- Select a playlist or create it.
- Log in to a Spotify account.
- Invite people to your party from a distance.
How you are going to attach using Ultimate Ears and Bose Connect
Ultimate Ears and Bose Link are similar to AmpMe but not as flexible as AmpMe. They’re brand-specific, but not all speakers or headphones can fit. You can however pair a mobile to a few separate speakers.
Ultimate Ears has multiple audio-transmission apps: Boom and MegaBoom, corresponding to two identical speaker lines. These apps feature a PartyUp feature that connects over 50 speakers from Boom 2 or MegaBoom. To join the party, you’ll need to get the latest App and Software for certain speakers first. Now, you have to update your speaker software through the app via OTA (over-the-air).
- Turn your phone or tablet to the first speaker (host) and then open your ULTIMATE EARS speaker app.
- Swipe the button from right to left on the app’s home screen to enter the PartyUp page.
- In the drawer (bottom of the PartyUp screen) the guest speakers will start to appear. Push the guest speakers and remove them. Push & lower them.
- Drag and drop into the drawer or simply turn it off to remove a guest speaker from the session.
Bose Connect uses Bose speakers with headphones, and a feature of Party Mode distributes audio to two speakers simultaneously. Google Play and App Store sites display devices that are compatible. You can use the Bose Connect app (recommended) or the control buttons of the speakers to pair your Bose speakers together to play in the following modes: Party mode and Stereo mode.
Using Party Mode:
- Click and hold the Bluetooth and Volume + keys at the same time on the speaker attached to your computer
- Release the buttons when you listen to “Press the Bluetooth and volume down buttons simultaneously on a second Bose device”
- Click and hold the Bluetooth and Volume – buttons simultaneously on the second speaker.
- When the speaker emits a tone, remove the buttons. After 10 seconds, you’ll hear “Party mode” simultaneously from both speakers. Party mode is enabled. You can now stream music at once with your mobile device
Using Stereo mode:
- Click the Bluetooth and Volume + keys simultaneously on one of the speakers.
- If “Stereo Mode” is heard, release the keys. You can hear “Left” from your left speaker and “Right” from your right speaker. The stereo mode has been activated.
- Set up your speakers for Party mode.
Push the Bluetooth and Volume + buttons simultaneously to switch between Party and Stereo mode.
The way to connect applying Samsung’s Dual Audio Feature
The Dual Audio settings for Bluetooth are relatively recent and not all devices accessible. Samsung Galaxy S8 or S+ is required. The design has also been extended to modern versions. Contrary to most standards, Bluetooth 5 does not need to be set. Moreover, it fits with virtually every speaker – even headphones.
Some steps to enable Dual Audio:
- Tap on the Settings menu. You will need to go through links to locate the Bluetooth settings once within.
- Go to Advanced settings if you use Android Pie. Tap on the menu icon in the right corner if you have a previous version of Android.
- A setting called Dual Audio is open. You have a key – just press and turn it on or off.
The way to connect applying HomePod stereo
The settings for Apple’s HomePod Stereo Pay work just like the Dual Audio functionality of Samsung. Here, such criteria remain. You need at least an iPhone running iOS 11.4 or a Mac running macOS Mojave to pair different speakers according to official website support.
- You have to make sure that both speakers are in the same room through the home application.
- Go to the app and you’re going to see HomePod. To do more, press and hold the button and select the Settings menu.
- Click or tap Create Stereo Pair
- You can select a second HomePod by choosing the Setting.
- After connected go Back, tap Done
How you can connect using JBL’s CONNECT, CONNECT+, and PartyBoost
Wirelessly, Bluetooth allows you to connect up to 100 JBL speakers. You can double the volume to hear the audio from the stereo. JBL has for linking multiple speakers, though all speakers cannot be paired together using those. Below is a description of how speakers can be linked.
- Link the first JBL speaker.
- Play a song on the first Bluetooth speaker. Use whatever software you use to play music for this reason.
- Click the Connect button on all speakers
- Within 30 seconds, speakers are paired. Wait for a connection.
The Bottom Line
Apparently, it’s quite easy to connect separate Bluetooth speakers with each other, whether directly or using a smartphone. Considering the increasing prevalence of Bluetooth networking through smart homes, there is an increasing possibility that more and more creators will come up with meaningful solutions to meet demand. Moreover, new features are now available for most of the smartphones and speakers these days.