YouTube is the perfect place to watch content in the present century for most people. YouTube has it, whether you want to watch insightful tutorials, or movies, or even web shows, and it is also, as of date, the most popular video publishing, and streaming platform. And so How to Activate YouTube on Smart TV/Console has always been a question.
As long as YouTube has video support and internet access and on computers with an internet-enabled browser, viewing YouTube on TV is another privilege, you can watch YouTube on any smartphone. The help of YouTube on smart TVs is a gift for everyone.
How to create a YouTube account from youtube.com/activate?
- Go to www.youtube.com/activate and click on the link to Sign Up.
- Type the e-mail address as well as your password.
- Complete the Login and Username re-type fields.
- Pick the nation where you live in the Place drop-down list.
- Specify the postal code.
- To choose your gender, press and enter your date of birth.
- From the colored box, type the characters (letters and numbers) into the Word Verification field.
- Check or uncheck the next box with the impractical name: If they have my email address, let others search my YouTube channel.
- Tap the button to Create My Account.
- To get started, open the YouTube app on your TV, go to the navigation on the left, and then click Sign In.
In a few different forms, you can sign in. Note that TV and phone sign-ins are on select devices.
Watch YouTube on TV with a TV code
You will use a code to connect your mobile device to your Smart TV or stream device to watch YouTube on your TV if Wi-Fi is not connected to it.
- Check for the code
- On your Smart TV or streaming unit, open the YouTube app.
- Go to Setup.
- Using the TV code to scroll to Connect. Your TV will display the Blue TV Code.
- In the “Enter the code” segment below, get your phone or tablet ready and proceed with the measures.
- The code for the television should be numbered. Repeat the steps above to obtain a numeric code if the code is composed of characters.
Enter the code
- Open your phone or tablet with the YouTube app.
- Tap your profile picture and pick Setup.
- Click the TV to watch.
- Tap Enter TV Code, then enter the blue TV code that shows on the TV.
Remove devices linked with a code
By following the steps below, you can uninstall any connected gadgets. Know, you must use a new code if you wish to attach the device again after a device is disconnected.
Activating YouTube on various devices
Smart gadgets like Kodi, Xbox One, PlayStation, Apple or Samsung TVs, smartphones, and others must sign in to the YT account to log in and view videos immediately. The whole procedure has the same experience as Netflix activation.
Follow these measures to fix that your smart gadget and older TV models don’t fit and allow video streaming services.
Also learn What to do when YouTube Activate is not working.
Activate YouTube on Xbox One
You need to search and open the YT app for YouTube to unlock and view videos in 4K and lower quality using the Xbox One, One S, and X versions. To register for the first time, you can need to enter Google account data. Here is a step-by-step guide to how to upgrade an Xbox One YT account:
- Browse to sign in & Settings.
- Click Sign in and on your controller, press X. On the screen, you can see the activation code.
- Now, go to youtube.com/activate by taking either your cell phone or device.
- Sign in to your Google account if needed. Enter the code seen on the screen and then press Next.
- To complete the activation process, press Allow Entry.
You are good to roll! Now enjoy YouTube Xbox One updates.
Also check out How to fix YouTube on Xbox keeps signing out.
Activate on Roku
You will find this reference very easy to use to complete this mission while trying to unlock YouTube on Roku. Follow the measures our experts have taken to locate and enter the Roku code on your website.
Link Roku to your TV, first of all, and log into your Roku account. To complete the activation, you have to have an internet connection to activate it.
- By clicking the corresponding button on your remote, go to the home screen.
- Click the Channel Store button and push the remote OK button.
- Navigate to Top Open, then pick YouTube, and then click OK.
- Pick the alternative Add Channel and click OK.
- You can now add your YouTube channel to the My Channels section. By going to Home > My Channels, you can verify this.
- Enable Channel on YouTube.
- On the YouTube channel, go to the Gear icon and press OK.
- Pick Sign up and provide the information of your YouTube account (if required).
- On your phone, Roku will have a YouTube activation code.
- Take your device or phone and go to youtube.com/activate.
- If you haven’t registered with Google, do it now. Once you’ve signed up, 8 digit code that Roku gave will be demanded to join. Select Next to do this.
- To complete the authentication process, select your YT account, then press Allow Access.
Activate YouTube on Smart TV
To add your YouTube account to your Smart TV in a few easy steps, you can use YouTube to enable your connection. Keep in mind that this video medium is not sponsored by any TV. However, if you have tested and checked, follow these basic steps to automatically start enjoying video content.
- YouTube activation on Smart TVs made in 2013 or later
- On your TV, open a YouTube program.
- On the left screen, navigate to the Gear icon and open it.
- Please press Sign up.
- Your TV will now show an 8-digit message.
- Take your device or phone and go to youtube.com/activate.
- Sign in to your Google account if needed. Enter the 8-digit code shown on the screen of your smart TV.
- Click Next, then pick your YouTube account, and then click Allow.
Guide for older TV models
You have just found the solution if you wonder how you can watch YouTube on an old TV. The old flash YouTube app may be used by the TV models that were manufactured before 2013. This is how YouTube videos on those TVs can be linked and streamed:
- On your TV, open the YouTube app.
- Pick the Sign In button on the left side.
- An 8-digit code should be shown on your TV now.
- Take your device, tablet, or phone and go to youtube.com/activate.
- Sign in and enter the code shown on your TV screen, if necessary.
- Click Next, select your account on YouTube and then click Allow.
Activate on Fire TV or Firestick
You can watch Youtube and monitor the App from Amazon Fire TV from Alexa. However, you must first enable Youtube to start enjoying this journey. Here’s what it takes you to do:
- Using Fire TV scan to find and uninstall it if you haven’t already installed the software. Make sure you download the app from Youtube.
- Open your Youtube App.
- On the left-hand window, press Sign in.
- On your phone, you’ll see the code.
- Now, go to the URL (youtub.com/activate) that also appears on the screen.
- Log in to your Google account, then type the authorization code shown.
- Click Next, select your Youtube account and choose Allow.
Activate YouTube on Playstation 3
YouTube is extremely easy to allow on PlayStation. All you need to do is open the app, receive the check code, and enter it online via the domain. Here is a reference in detail:
- Open Playstation Youtube. You can download it from the Playstation Store if you do not have this app yet.
- Go to Sign In & Setup in the app.
- Pick the Login option and click the X button on your controller.
- On your phone, you can get the authorization code.
- Now, take your phone, tablet, or other gadget and go to/activate youtube.com.
- Sign in to your Google account, enter the authorization code given, and then click Next.
- Choose your YT account, then press Allow for entry.
Activate YouTube on Kodi
To activate Youtube on Kodi you’ll have to put in a little more effort. However, this guide explains how to enter code in youtube and access videos on your device. Here is what you’ll need to do:
- Go to Settings, then select Add-ons.
- Select Install from Repository/Get Add-ons.
- Choose Kodi Add-on Repository.
- Choose Video Add-ons.
- Here, find and select Youtube, then Install.
- As soon as it gets installed, go to Videos > Add-ons.
- Open Youtube.
- Select Sign in. This will provide the authorization code on your screen.
- Using another device, such as a tablet, phone, or laptop, go to the shown link (ending in yoytub.com/activate) and sign in to a Google account (if required). Enter the code displayed on your screen.
- Click Next, choose YT account to proceed, then choose Allow. You’re done!
Youtube Activate on Apple TV
Activating Youtube on Apple TV is really simple. You’ll only have to get the code from the sign-in page and enter it electronically through the same authorization connection.
- Go to Sign In & Settings on Apple TV. Pick the Sign In choice here. This will display on your computer the authorization code.
- Now, by phone, tablet, or laptop, go to youtube.com/activate.
- Sign in to your Google account, if needed, and then enter the authorization code given. Only click Next.
- To continue, select the YT account and then press Allow to end.
Activate YT on Samsung TV
Use the steps given to unlock Youtube via youtube.com on your Samsung TV. While some designers don’t endorse YT, most do. If you can’t use the given guide to enable this service, contact Samsung help to ask them what you can do.
- Go to Sign In & Setup. Pick the Sign In choice here. This will give you an authorization code that you will need to enter online on a designated page.
- To navigate www.youtub.com/activate dot youtube.com/activate slash activate, use a notebook, laptop, or a mobile.
- Check in to your Google account (if requested), then enter the code given accordingly. I you want to proceed, press NEXT.
- To use on your TV, select your YT account.
- To finish the process, press Allow. Now, you’re all done!
Youtube Activate on Nintendo Switch
On the Nintendo Switch, you can trigger Youtube quickly. You will need to do so and authenticate your computer with the given code in the software if you have not already downloaded it. We will clarify it in more depth – take these steps immediately to complete this authorization process. Please note that first, you need a Nintendo account. Go to the official website to build one if you do not have one yet.
- Go to eShop on the Turn.
- Click the Search button and enter Youtube.
- Click on the desired result and click the Free Download button.
- Now you can close the eShop and wait for the update to be done.
- To open it, click on the Youtube app.
- Pick a user who will be included.
- Look to the left and there should be a list of icons to see. Pick a person’s symbol. A code will be shown to you.
- Open/activate youtube.com when using another computer, such as a phone or laptop. Sign in with your Google account here, then enter the code given in the YT app for Nintendo Switch.
- Only click Next. Select a YT account that you would like to use, then click Allow. That’s it!
Unlink using your phone or tablet
- On your phone or tablet, open the YouTube app.
- Choose a profile picture for you.
- Tap Setup.
- Pick the Watch on TV choice.
- Click Uninstall Appliances.
- To uninstall the connected Smart TV or streaming unit, tap DELETE.
Sign in with your mobile device
- Make sure that your mobile computer is on the same network as your TV via Wi-Fi.
- Using your mobile device to pick Sign up.
- Launch the YouTube app on your telephone.
- To log on to your TV, follow the directions.
Sign in with a web browser
- Click Link to a Web browser.
- Open a browser on a handset, tablet, or device and go to youtube.com/activate.
- Enter the code shown on the TV.
- Using your username to sign up.
Conclusion: How to Activate YouTube on Smart TV/Console
We hope that this easy process has been cleared for you by the Tutorial to Activating YouTube through YouTube, and you have managed to access YT services on your smart devices.
Please note that certain computers do not have the Youtube.com/activate program built-in and in those situations, you will first have to download it before activation. It could be because your computer doesn’t help YouTube that you cannot find the app no matter how hard you’re doing it. Also check out What to do when YouTube Activate is not working.