If you’re a passionate gamer and love to play video games with your mates at the weekends, you obviously know a thing or two about PS4 or PlayStation 4. You love playing games with an intriguing soundtrack with deep bass as well as the screams and shouts of the gamers in the background.
Unfortunately, you’re unable to connect your PS4 with your Bluetooth speaker or headphone. What do you do then? Don’t worry. I’m here to let you know how to connect PS4 with any of your sound systems. By reading this article you can find out the easiest way to solve your matter.
So, stay with us and follow the instruction we give you, and clarify some confusion.
When you are buying a headset, you need to take into account some basic specifications at the earcups, the shape, the material, and the open or closed outlook. However, we are presenting you the solution on connecting a Bluetooth headphone with your ps4.
Connecting With PS4 Supported Bluetooth Headphones
- Your Bluetooth headphone can easily be connected to PS4.
- First switch to Settings.
- Tap now on Device
- Then click on Bluetooth Devices
- Switch your headphone’s Pairing feature on.
- Wait one or two seconds. Your app would pop up on your computer automatically. Tap on it and get connected. Other than that you will see a notification “Cannot find a Profile Supported by the PS4”
Connecting with PS4 Unsupported Bluetooth Headphones
On the other hand, if your headphones are not compatible with your PS4, there are some other ways. PS4 doesn’t accept the A2DP profile and almost all modern headphones have A2DP nowadays. That’s why many of them are not supported by the PS4.
There are two different ways to connect your Bluetooth headphones that have A2DP. Method 2 is comparatively cheaper than Method 1, but both are efficient.
5 Best Arctis headphone
Method 1-How to Connect Unsupported Bluetooth to ps4
This method requires a cable or cord that has a built-in mic.
- Link the device and headset cord.
- Go to Set > Devices, then select Audio Devices rather than Bluetooth Devices.
- Next, under Input Device, press the Output Device. Check the choice on “USB headset.”
- Switch to the Audio Devices then press “Output to Headphones” and then on “All Audio.”
Method 2-How to Connect Unsupported Bluetooth to ps4
Here you need to have PlayStation 4 Bluetooth Adapter Dongle
- Place an adapter in your USB port on PS4.
- Switch On your headphones and let the sync task take place.
- Now take the Dongle and put it in your PS4 jack controller.
- Now go to the Setting Click on the Device Option, and pick Audio Devices, like the abovementioned process.
- You would need to configure the Input device and output device corresponding to “Headset connected to controller” and “USB Headphones.”
You can connect almost all types of headphones with your PS4 using both of these methods.
Best PS4 Supported Bluetooth Headphones
If your headphone cannot connect with PS4, you can always buy a new one. Here are some of the best headphones that are PS4 supported.
Best Ps4 Bluetooth Adapter Dongles
As I have mentioned earlier, the cheapest way to add Bluetooth headphones with your PS4 is to buy a Ps4 Bluetooth Adapter Dongle. So, here are some of the best you should look for.
FAQ for PS4 Gaming Headphones:
When people are using headphones from all over the world, there might be some confusion that may arise! And here we are! trying to solve your problem with a better solution. Our expert team has done everything to help you with proper understanding!
Do I Really Need Gaming Headphones?
A great headset can deliver simple, controlled sound and offer support for long wear times. Whether you’re talking remotely with your mates or listening closely to your enemy’s footsteps, you’ll need a decent headset for gaming.
Can You Use Bluetooth Headphones on PS4?
Yeah, you can use Bluetooth headphones on PS4 but make sure your headphones don’t have A2DP as PS4 doesn’t support Advanced Audio Distribution Profile.
Can I use AirPods on ps4?
Unfortunately, AirPods is not supported by the PlayStation 4. You’ll need to use a third-party Bluetooth adapter to link AirPods to your PS4. The best thing about this is that you can use it to attach every Bluetooth unit, not just your AirPods until you have the dongle.
Can I Connect Beats to PS4?
The simple and straightforward answer is most of the beats headphones that are not enabled by PS4 devices including some of the beats that you can attach with PS4 that have dongles buttons on it, according to beats. Bear in mind just one thing that doesn’t ensure the dongle should work or not.
Your PS4 will not be connected to Bluetooth speakers, whatsoever. You may need to use other methods to link speakers. There are mainly three ways to get that done.
Method 1-How to Connect Unsupported Bluetooth Speaker to ps4
The easiest way to attach a speaker (Bluetooth or otherwise) to your PS4 is by using a 3.5 mm audio cable to link it to the DualShock controller in your PS4.
- On your PS4 unit, insert a 3.5 mm audio cable into the port and attach the other end to your speaker device.
- Then choose “Settings” using the switch.
- Click “Devices,” then “Audio Devices.”
- Choose “Output Unit” and set it to “Headset Connected to Controller,” if that choice is not already set.
- Select “Output to Headphones” and make sure it is set to “All Audio.”
Method 2-How to Connect Unsupported Bluetooth Speaker to ps4
You can also use an Audio Extractor to connect your speakers with PS4.
- Be sure that the audio output from your extractor (e.g., RCA) suits the audio input from your speakers.
- Buy an audio cord to link your speakers and the extractor.
- Purchase extra HDMI cord.
- Connect the PS4 and the first HDMI cable into the audio extractor
- Connect the 2nd HDMI cable through the Screen with the audio extractor.
- Connect the microphone extractor and the microphone cord through the headphones.
- Switch on PS4. Adjust the volume of your speaker for the perfect sound.
In this case, you’ll need to buy an Optical Audio Cable. The PS4 Slim has no optical audio output port so if you have a PS4 Slim you simply wouldn’t be able to use this method.
- Connect one end of the audio cable through your speakers’ optical outlet. If your speaker doesn’t have an optical connection, you should purchase an optical adapter.
- Plug the other end of the cable through the optical port on your PS4.
- Switch on PS4. After a moment you will be able to hear music from the PS4 menu through your headphones.
Best Gaming Speakers for ps4
You’ll find various types of gaming speakers filled with features in the market. However, these are the best and most appreciated nowadays.
Best Audio Extractor for ps4
The challenging part about choosing the right HDMI to HDMI + SPDIF RCA Audio Extractor Splitter out there is that some of them are very difficult to locate, so you may be forced to go for what’s accessible.
FAQ About Gaming Speakers:
This FAQ section is all about answering some basic questions that might grab your attention. We’ve compiled this questions by deep researched! Plus, our expert team provide best solution that are available currently. Let’s jump right into it!
Why Should I Buy Gaming Speakers?
Game speakers surround you playing Computer games in rich music. Gaming speakers not only improve your versatility but, thanks to the two-piece and three-piece gaming speakers that include subwoofers and tweeters, they deliver a full enhanced tone.
What Should I Look for Before Buying a Gaming Speaker?
First, you need to understand your Gaming Room. Your room size determines the range of gaming speakers that you will get. Then, test the specifications of your computer.
Not every machine can accommodate a series of speakers with a 5.1 surround system, always remember that. Now, know the features that you like. Make it comfortable for you to use. Lastly, take a glance at your overall budget.
Surround Sound or Stereo, Which One is Better for Gaming?
Surround sound headphones are of course great for gaming (especially for FPS games) but they come at the cost of sound quality vs standard stereo headphones. Stereo headphones may also simulate surround effects with satisfactory results from the software.
How Do I Attach a PS4 to an Older Home Cinema Without the Receiver Having Either an Optical or HDMI?
If you don’t have a PS4 Slim, you can always use the optical cable, or even use an RCA (component) adapter optical. If you have a PS4 Slim, the audio extractor method will need to be done.
Many computer games are designed for high-end headphones and speakers to be enjoyed. If you’re playing online live games, you’ll wish to have a pair of wireless headphones. On the other hand, if you’re playing games with your mates after a long weekend in the living room, there are speakers to give you that vibe.
Many Virtual Reality games also need speakers to get the best vibe. If you’re a late-night player who doesn’t want to wake up the rest of the family, or just want to be as lost in the action as you may be, you should know how to link your PS4 to any of these sound equipment.